Codemasters GRID Game – First Gameplay Video
A few days ago, Codemasters announced that the GRID racing game franchise will be returning to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on 13 September 2019 while a pre-order “Ultimate Edition” will launch 3 days earlier on September 10.
Codemasters promises fears racing on four continents, in different game modes such as Circuit, Street Racing, Oval, Hot Laps, Point-to-Point, and World Time Attack. You will be able to drive a variety of cars including GT’s, Touring cars, Stock Cars, Muscle Cars, Super-Modified and more.
Now IGN posted a gameplay video from the newly announced Grid title showcasing Muscle cars and GT races through the streets of San Francisco and Shanghai. It is certainly not a hardcore racing simulator, but by the looks of the preview video, it might just be a very fun racing game.
Over 70 of the Most Iconic Cars Ever Raced – Race the greats, both current and classic, across a huge array of vehicle classes. Modern greats such as the Porsche 911 RSR and Ferrari 488 GTE in the GT class to classics including the Ford GT40 and Pontiac Firebird Modified are all available to race to their limits.
- Touring Cars (TC-1, Super Tourers, TC-2, Classic Touring)
- Stock Cars (Muscle, Pro Trucks, Oval Stocks)
- Tuner Cars (Modified, Super Modified, World Time Attack)
- GT Cars (Classic GT, GT Group 1, GT Group 2, Historic)
- Formula J o Prototype
- Group 7 Specials
12 Incredible Racing Locations – Compete in intense wheel-to-wheel races on iconic city streets, world-famous circuits, and beautiful point-to-point, featuring Havana, Shanghai, Brands Hatch, Indianapolis, and many more, with multiple routes at each location and varied time of day and weather conditions:
- China – Zhejiang Circuit, Shanghai, Circuit, Street Track
- Malaysia – Sepang International, Circuit, Circuit
- Japan – Okutama, Circuit
- United Kingdom – Brands Hatch, Silverstone Circuit, Circuit, Circuit
- Spain – Barcelona, Street Track
- United States – San Francisco, Indianapolis, Crescent Valley (fictional), Street Track, Circuit, Circuit
- Cuba – Havana, Street Track
- Australia – Sydney Motorsport Park, Circuit
Create Your Story, Define Your Legacy – Choose from six main career paths all leading to the GRID World Series, plus additional Showdown events.
- The Fernando Alonso Challenge
The Fernando Alonso Challenge – One of the most successful racing drivers of the modern era across F1, Endurance, and Stock racing, Fernando Alonso joins GRID as Race Consultant and his Renault R26 car features in-game. Complete his challenges and earn the right to race Alonso himself.
Six Exciting Race Types – Challenge yourself across various modes in-game, as well as an event/race creator:
- Racing – Traditional race mode with grid starts and chequered flag finish.
- Oval Racing – Rolling start, with a set number of laps.
- Time Trial – Single car on track/circuit against the clock.
- Time Attack – Multiple cars on track/circuit, staggered start against the clock.
- Skirmish – Players can test drive their cars, or have fun racing with friends whilst waiting for multiplayer sessions.
- Hot Lap – Improve your grid position ahead of a race by posting the fastest lap time.
Racecraft – An innovative moment-to-moment scoring system that rewards players for technical, skillful, or brave racing. Players can earn points from teammates, rivals and nemesis drivers to improve their score both offline and online.
Impactful Damage Systems – Affecting both players and AI racers, GRID’s damage builds on Codemasters’ class-leading damage system to visually and mechanically change your race. The damage will affect visuals as well as handling, with potential for terminal damage.
Player Progression – Earn experience through racing and Racecraft to level up and receive rewards. Players get rewarded with Prestige, Player Cards, new team-mates and achievements throughout.
Get Competitive Online – Race in either Quick Match or use the online event creator and take your racing to the next level, either in a public game or with friends in private races.
Ultimate Edition Includes:
- Main Game
- Season 1 (Hypercar Track Day Pack)
- Season 2 (Racing Hatch Track Day Pack)
- Season 3 (GT Track Day Pack)
- Porsche 911 RSR
- Grid Edition Aston Martin Vantage GT4
- Grid Edition Pontiac Firebird Modified
- Grid Edition Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
- Grid Edition Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack
- Grid Edition Renault R26
- Player Cards
- Player Banners
- Unique Liveries
- VIP Status
Official Webpages – www.codemasters.com