Fanatec CSL Elite F1 Set Review By GamerMuscle
GamerMuscle is back with a review. This time he takes an in-depth look at the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Edition F1 Set Force Feedback wheel and pedals.
This Fanatec pack includes the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula 1 Esports rim, the CSL Elite Wheel Base+, and the CSL Elite Pedals. The bundle is compatible with the PC and all PlayStation4 and PlayStation Pro systems.
The Fanatec CSL Elite F1 Esports Bundle + F1 2018 game key is available at the Fanatec store for 614.95€ Incl. 19% VAT. The bundle without the F1 Game key is on sale for 599.95€ Incl. 19% VAT.
The ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula 1 Esports rim is also available as a stand-alone product for 249.95€ Incl. 19% VAT. There is also a stand-alone version available including a Codemasters F1 2018 Headline Edition Game Key for PC for 264.95€Incl. 19% VAT.)
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™
- Officially licensed for PS4™
- Ultra-strong brushless servo motor which delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis
- Single belt drive unit with ultra-low lag and cogging, and big ball bearings for lowest friction
- DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent an influence of the belt drive on the position sensor
- Very fast steering wheel acceleration – ideal for drifting
- 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the tuning menu of the attached steering wheel
- Integrated rev light bar in the wheelbase
- Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
- Quick Release system to allow for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, also during gameplay
- Supports vibration motors in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The included ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula 1 Esports comes with vibration motors.
- Table clamp included. The thickness range of the table board/desktop that the table clamp is able to lock to is 1,0 to 6,0 cm
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula 1 Esports, fully made of metal (Ø 26 cm/10,23 inches)
- Low steering wheel weight of approx. 1200g for fast acceleration and fidelity (subject to production changes)
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine LEDs (3x yellow, 3x red, 3x blue) to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- LED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Grips made of genuine Italian Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides a sensational grip
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Features the iconic PlayStation® and action button caps, interchangeable with the included racing-style button caps, or detachable
- 7-way FunkySwitch™ to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning menu and compatible with any PC game)
- Tuning functions* with LED display of the steering wheel to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 1080°
- Adjust force feedback strength during gameplay
- Adjustment for vibration intensity in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The vibration motors can be used by a game directly or by the ABS function
- Simulate ABS vibration in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model) and on pedals with rumble motor like the ClubSport Pedals V3
- Advanced Drift Mode can add a natural damper to avoid oscillation or a negative damper which will speed up the wheel.
- Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
- Adjust the brake force sensitivity of compatible loadcell pedals like the ClubSport Pedals V3 or the CSL Elite Pedals LC * Tuning functions are subject to changes
- Plug-and-play pedals with the throttle and brake pedal unit
- Pedal units and heel rest made from solid aluminum
- Brake pedal with metal spring and PU foam damper for pressure braking simulation and more realism
- Extra long pedals for more realism and comfort
- The adjustable horizontal distance between pedal units allows asynchronous setup
- Ability to easily remove pedals from heel rest and install them together with the electronics in cockpits or stands separately
- 12-bit resolution potentiometers
- Heel rest offers large rest surface
- Detachable rubber pedal covers offer good grip on a soft surface
- Upgradable with CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit (optional)
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheelbase)
- All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
- All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport Shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
- Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
- Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: three hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheelbase. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (three hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible with the discontinued CSL Seat.
- Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PlayStation® Pro systems. PS4™ games which support the wheels advanced functionality include Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, and DiRT 4. All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible. For a complete list of compatible games please visit this site.
- PC: This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
Other platforms: Compatibilities to other platforms depending on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
Please note: PC and other platform compatibilities are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- Before use, please connect the product to a PC, download the latest driver and then update the firmware of the wheel. This assures the latest compatibilities and newest features.
- Table clamp included. You can also mount it with screws to a cockpit or wheel stand (see drilling template in download section).
- No hard-mount screws included. Please read the manual for information about qualified screws.
- To connect discontinued Fanatec Pedals with PS/2 Socket like CSP V1/V2 or CSR, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com