iRacing Presents The 24 Hours Of Daytona 2019
Its that time of the year again. The iRacing.com online racing platform is getting ready to run their annual virtual 24 Hours Of Daytona. The virtual ” around the clock” sim race honors the real-world IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race, known as the Rolex 24 that is being held a weekend later.
The 24 Hours of Daytona is a 24-hour endurance race held at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL. It marks the first major auto race of the year in the United States. It also marks the start of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Utilizing iRacing’s Team Racing functionality iRacers can experience what it’s like to race in North America’s most prestigious endurance sports car race.
2019 Daytona 24 Details:
Date: January 18th-20th
- Timeslot #1 – Saturday 01:00 GMT | Friday 8PM EST
- Timeslot #2 – Saturday 13:00 GMT | Saturday 8AM EST
Track and License
- Daytona International Speedway – Road Course
- License – D 4.0 Road
- Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): January 19, 2019
- Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 2:00 PM
- Warmup: 30 Minutes
- Qualifying: Attached & Solo – 8 Minutes for 2 Laps
- Race: 24 Hours
- Weather: Dynamic
- Splits By: iRating
- Team Event: Yes
- Incident Limit: 240
- Field Size: 55
Cars & Class:
- DP: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
- GTE: Ferrari 488 GTE | Ford GT – 2017 | Porsche 911 RSR
- GT3: Audi R8 LMS | Mercedes AMG GT3
The event will be broadcast LIVE to the public at iRacing.com/live, with coverage powered by RaceSpotTV.
Watch the Live Broadcast here
Official Webpage – www.iRacing.com