iRacing Deployed 2019 Season 1 Patch 2
iRacing deployed the 2019 Season 1 Patch #2 for their online racing simulation. This update contains a healthy list of fixes and improvements further enhancing various areas of the popular sim racing platform.
(Screenshot by Jean-Christophe Bouchat)
iRacing BETA Interface Update Release Notes [00.10.108]
- Active Practice Sessions can now be launched from the Open Practice tab of the Official Series section on the interface.
- The License column has been added to the Pending Sessions in the table view.
- Performance improvements have been made for browsing the Official Sessions section at peak usage times.
Time of Day
- Updates have been made to how Session Duration is handled using the Time of Day options.
– – A reference table has been added to this section to show the duration of each Session type in a race weekend and if any of them exceed 32 hours in simulated length. This table is accessible from the Time Limit panel of the Session Options. – – A red warning pill will now be displayed on the duration slider for scheduling server time if the Session duration is exceeded.
– – An alert message is displayed if any Sessions’ simulated lengths are in excess of the allowable maximum of 32 hours.
- The Time Attack Results page has been completely rewritten.
– – This should solve many of the issues seen with it in past releases and make it faster and more reliable.
- When hitting “back” from League search, results are now auto-submitted to show the pool of results again.
- Removed the pound sign (#) from the “# of League Members” column when viewed in table-view.
- League Owners may now correctly boot League Members.
- A confirm dialog has been added for creating a new League, as this action uses currency.
- A modal menu has been added to recharge iRacing Credits when creating a League if you do not have sufficient funds to create the League.
- Hosted League Session names are no longer being set automatically.
- Checking off multiple tags now returns content that matches any of the selected tags, instead of all selected tags together.
- Fixed several issues where the Paint Kit could say “Changes Not Saved!” when in fact the changes were saved.
- The Update button will now only be processed once, even when both a car and a track need updates when using the interface in the table view.
iRacing Simulator Update Release Notes [2019.01.09.01]
- Fixed an issue where crowds would not fade correctly when the environment was foggy.
- Fixed an issue with nVidia3D not rendering the sky correctly.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing a Session in a Heat Racing Event to back-up in time if one or more sessions prior to it ended up being skipped.
- Fixed an issue where a tire could move under your car during a pit stop with the animated NASCAR pit crew.
- Fixed an issue that prevented switching to the “@TEAM” radio frequency using the “@transmit” chat command.
- Fixed the chat output error message for trying to make a user an Admin when the user is already an Admin.
- Text chat macros now properly ignore any trailing “$” characters at the end of a line when typing macros into the chat window.
– – The “$” character is only applied when typing commands into the text chat macro box and it indicates the command should be executed immediately, it has no meaning when typed into a chat window directly.
- A new telemetry value, “DRS_Count” has been added that counts how many times DRS was used on the Formula Renault 3.5.
- Adjustable master cylinders have been added to fine-tune brake feel. A realistic range of master cylinder diameters has been implemented.
– – Maximum pedal force and brake pad friction have also been adjusted so line pressures are in a realistic range.
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car (991)
- An update has been made to the V6 tire construction and compound. These changes should provide faster response without losing over-the-limit controllability.
Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Fixed an issue where segments of the track could sometimes appear transparent.
The Chili Bowl
- A new dynamic track initialization algorithm has been applied to this track, which adjusts the berm’s water content.
– – This should make racing on the berm impractical.
Official Webpage – www.iRacing.com