Fanatec Introduces The ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 & Podium Advanced Paddle Module
After a week of teasing a mystery Black Friday promotion, Fanatec finally lifted the curtain and unveiled their new products.
Fanatec proudly presents the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018, officially licensed by Formula 1 for the existing Fanatec ecosystem. Furthermore, the German sim racing peripheral manufacturer also introduced the optional Podium Advanced Paddle Module which adds an F1 style dual-clutch system and magnetic shifters to the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 or the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One.
ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018
The new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 features cutaway grips, real 5mm thick carbon fiber front plate with gold weave and golden accents and a special golden version of the preinstalled ClubSport Quick Release Adapter.
The rim is fitted with Advanced RevLEDs, two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs), and an OLED display. The familiar rev lights have improved multi-color functionality, and the separate multi-color FlagLEDs can indicate features like tyre slip, fuel level, or incoming radio. Furthermore, the unit features Thumb Encoders, 12-way Multi-Position Switches, and Rocker Switches. The ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 is ready for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module Upgrade which adds a set of magnetic shifters and analog clutch paddles. (Featured below)
Keep in mind that currently this ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 is strictly limited (Only 500 units), and will most probably only be available during the Black Friday weekend.
The ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 retails for €349.95 Excl. VAT ( $349.95)
- F1 style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm for fast movements and reactions
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fiber
- 5 mm solid carbon fiber front plate with golden accents
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides a sensational grip
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1245 g (subject to production changes)11 Buttons pl
- us two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches
- Two rocker switches
- Two 12-way multi-position switches
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis
- 7-way FunkySwitch™ to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning Menu and compatible with any PC game)
- Two thumb encoders well-reachable while driving without releasing the grips
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-color LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-color LEDs each to indicate tyre slip, fuel level, incoming radio as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- White status LED
- 1″ 128×64 OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK
- Tuning functions with OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see the description of compatible wheelbase/racing wheel for details)
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Shifter paddles are easily upgradable to PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- Racing style button caps included
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheelbases will remain unchanged.
- Xbox One®: This steering wheel is not compatible with Xbox One.
Podium Advanced Paddle Module
Fanatec also introduces the new Podium Advanced Paddle Module for the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 and the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One. The module is PC, XBOX ONE and PS4 ready.
At the time of writing, the product is not yet released, and no pricing is listed.
Most Authentic Paddle System Ever
Featuring magnetic shifters and Hall sensors, the Podium Advanced Paddle Module is the ultimate upgrade for your Fanatec steering wheel.
CNC machined aluminum cage and carbon fiber paddle plates combine with magnetic shifters and dual analog paddles to deliver an authentic mechanism at the highest quality.
Podium spec paddle upgrade
The Podium Advanced Paddle Module is compatible with Fanatec steering wheels such as the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018 and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One.
F1-Style Dual Clutch Paddles
Add two analog axes behind your steering wheel; use them for optimizing launch starts, configure one as a handbrake, or even drive without pedals.
Contactless Hall sensors with unlimited lifetime mean that your dual analog paddles will function with precision and consistency.
More than just a dual clutch
The paddles allow for four different modes (on supported steering wheels): F1-style clutch bite point mode, clutch/handbrake mode, brake/throttle mode, and mappable axis mode.
Dual Magnetic Paddles
Replace the standard shifter module with two inputs on each side, easily accessible for important functions like DRS.
Sensational feel, unbeatable performance
The magnetic ‘click’ generates a solid, positive feel to every shift. Allows for rapid shifting. Two sets of paddle plates are included, suitable for small and large steering wheels.
Springless mechanism for durability
Paddle operation uses strong magnets rather than springs, just like a real race car. Automotive grade switches combined with the magnet system result in higher durability.
- Upgrades your ClubSport Universal hub for Xbox. (Only Xbox version)$
- Upgrades Fanatec steering wheels like ClubSport Formula Steering Wheel F1 2018
- Automotive grade quality
- 2 sets of paddle plates for small and large steering wheels
- Paddle Plates made of real carbon fiber
- Cage made of CNC machined aluminum
- F1 style Dual Clutch Paddles: Adds two analog axis to your steering wheel
- High-precision contactless hall sensor with unlimited lifetime
- Allows 4 modes on steering wheels which are supporting this feature: F1 clutch bite-point mode which can be adjusted and saved in Tuning menu
- Brake/throttle mode
- Mappable analog axis mode
- Solid metal construction
Dual Magnetic Paddles:
- Replaces the existing shifter paddle and add two more buttons which can be easily accessed for important functions like DRS.
- Strong magnets are used instead of steel springs just like in real race cars
- Sensational solid „Click Feeling“
- Allows rapid shifting
- No spring means higher durability
- Tested with 1 million cycles
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One
Not compatible with:
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black / Carbon
- ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
- CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for PS4™ (from CSL Elite Racing Wheel)
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
Fanatec Sim Racing Hardware
Endor, with its Headquarters in Landshut Bavaria, was founded in the year 1997 by Thomas Jackermeier, who turned his hobby into his profession. As an active player of early-stage PC-Games, he very quickly recognized the decisive role that input devices would play on performance, reality, and fun. During the 90’s, the choice, from among what was available on high-quality devices, was very limited. Thomas decided to give up his wholesale biking store, a start-up business he had used to finance his educational degree during his time at the University of Regensburg while obtaining his Masters of Business Administration. Following his studies, he bought the company AB-Union, which was changed to Endor Ltd., which would later become Endor AG.
The developed products were never marketed under the name Endor, but rather under the brand name Fanatec, providing Endor with the flexibility needed, to be able to introduce new brands into varying markets as desired. Fanatec products are developed in Germany, produced in Asia and are sold globally via the official online webshop.
Today Fanatec can count itself amongst the global market leaders in high-end sim racing equipment for consoles and PC systems. For more product info and purchases, check out the official Fanatec web page.
Official Webpage – www.fanatec.com