Dakar 18 – Update v.08 Deployed
Bigmoon Entertainment released Update Patch V0.8 for the PC version of their Dakar 18 Rally Raid Game. Console owners will have to wait a little longer for the update to be deployed.
The new patch mainly focuses on generic device handling and introduces a new Device Manager and a new Device Wizard to help players configure their steering wheel/pedals/gear shifter/handbrake in a generic, simple and in-game way.
The Dakar 18 development team tweaked the steering wheels code, so if you experience any issues with your controller device, it’s highly recommended to access the Control Settings and “Reset to Defaults”.
- New: In-game devices wizard
- New: In-game device manager
- New: Generic steering wheel, pedals, shifter and handbrake support
- New: Gear shifter inputs support
- New: Steering linearity in controls options
- New: Gearbox type “Manual H Pattern”
- New: Gearbox type “Manual H Pattern + Clutch”
- New: It is now not possible to engage a gear without pressing clutch when using ManualHPattern + Clutch type of gearbox
- Improved: Fanatec steering wheel force feedback support
- Improved: Updated Road Book of Stage 14
- Improved: Updated Road Book of Stage 6B and subtitles
- Improved: Updated Road Book of Stage 12
- Improved: Sensibility and inverted camera options for vehicles and characters
- Improved: Rebind tweaked to allow the user to begin input action rebind with one input device and then press a key with another input device
- Improved: General vehicle steering behavior (less understeer throughout)
- Improved: Cockpit / Hood camera inertia
- Improved: Real-Time ranking during the race now show the number of validated waypoints by each team
- Improved: Front camera on trucks now at windshield height, not bumper height
- Improved: Vehicles decreased steering with speed was too high (this is ignored for wheel devices)
- Improved: Rain effect improvements and other particles
General Bugs fixed:
- Fixed: Engine audio could stop playing during gameplay
- Fixed: Steering limited by speed when using a steering wheel device
- Fixed: Handbrake input issues
- Fixed: SteamVR and OculusVR starting up on game startup
- Fixed: Blown tires sometimes cause the vehicle to become non-drive-able
- Fixed: AI have trouble at a CP when tires have too much damage
- Fixed: In Multiplayer when leaving a CP, clients may end up with the wrong gear
- Fixed: Sometimes state of the game become corrupted after finishing a stage
- Fixed: Sometimes the game freezes when crossing the finish line
- Fixed: When on a treasure hunt, driven kilometers were not counted
- Fixed: Steering lerp is disabled when using keyboard/mouse/gamepad while a steering wheel was connected
- Fixed: Having a disqualify right after a checkpoint save game, sometimes enter an endless loop when loading last waypoint
- Fixed: Characters can damage vehicles by hitting them
- Fixed: In split-screen when changing game settings, only the first player is notified
- Fixed: Overall career rankings could become wrong when progressing through the career stages
- Fixed: Inconsistent career overall rankings
- Fixed: Force feedback was not stopped when alt-tabbing
- Fixed: At the Bivouac, the Road Book part “B” wasn’t visible
- Fixed: Mirror render targets were not affected by daytime
- Fixed: The total number of waypoints on the progression bar is now correct
- Fixed: Cyril Despres Peugeot 3008 texture error
- Fixed: After leaving control points in autopilot mode, the vehicle current gear is now properly maintained even if it changes from automatic to a manual gearbox
- Fixed: Profile bar not showing the correct amount of DPs on the main menu
- Fixed: Issues with multiple hooks in MP
- Fixed: Road Book on Stage12A Note 52 wrong CAP
- Fixed: Road Book on Stage13B Note 82 wrong Kilometers
Publisher Deep Silver and Portuguese development studio Bigmoon Entertainment, the studio behind FlatOut 4 and WRC 5 released the awaited DAKAR 18 The Game for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
DAKAR 18 The Game features all the drivers, riders, and teams which took part in the 2018 edition of the Dakar Rally which is the biggest cross-country rally raid in the world. Gamers can explore and race the open worlds of Paraguay, Bolivia, and Argentina in both single player and online multiplayer game modes.
Making use of the ever more popular Unreal 4 game engine, Bigmoon Entertainment generated an open world of over 5,791 square miles (15,000 km²) in size for you to explore, navigate, and race.
Dakar 2018 – The Official Game is now available on the Steam platform for 49,99€.
Official Webpage – www.dakarthegame.com